Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Silentsparrow Month! Day 10 - Back to school

I look, like, 12. Not me personally, you understand, I look every bit of my 26 years and some bits of some other peoples', but my avatar. Looks 12. It wasn't intentional. At first, I thought maybe it was the skin, Curio skins do have a somewhat rejuvenating effect, and the Cupid line is no exception. But then I looked at Persephone, wearing the same skin as me, and she managed to look like a grown-up. So, okay, it wasn't just the skin. Must be the hair. Riffled through my hair folders, tried various effects. I managed to come up with: prissy schoolgirl, tomboy schoolgirl (as a sub-discovery from this, I discovered my ears needed more tinting to go with the skin), mouse schoolgirl (not mouseY, mouse, you don't want to know), anchorwoman schoolgirl, schoolgirl-in-a-wig...I think we're sensing a pattern here. So okay, it wasn't just the skin, it wasn't just the hair. Maybe it was the outfit? Tried a shorter skirt. Now I had discovered Slutty Schoolgirl. Tried taking off the lace undershirt. Now I was a Halloween Cheerleader. Back to the skins. I tried a skin with a more adult face. It made me look unnaturally short. Really, wearing that skin, I felt like a midget. And compared to a lot of my SL friends, I'm relatively statuesque. I looked at Persephone, in her button-down blouse and jeans, and she looked like she was my mom. And I'm okay with that, sometimes! It reminded me of old times. So I decided to embrace it, and go with my original outfit, and here I am, in all my accidentally 12 glory!

The outfit started with me wanting to do something cool with the cuffs from the Kurai suit. They're really nice cuffs, with their curly swirly patterning, and little bits of lace brocade sticking out. There's a little ankh at the bottom of the cuff, and at the top, a pair of glistening jewel buttons, adding just that extra touch of vibrancy. I wanted to put something relatively plain with them, so they'd stand out, so I went with the Voltaire shirt, remembering having advised my husband towards it the previous day at the Suit Sale (which is now over). The shirt from the Voltaire suit is basically just a really nice ribbed V-neck sweater, perfect for more casual days, and comes on a couple of layers, which is great for...y'know. Layering. Under it, the Chapiteau Lace Tank. This one is from the Tiger set, it has an orange button, see? The high collar of this slightly worn top makes it great for wearing under other things, but there's also a thicker band of lace over the boobs that does a good job of hiding one's nipples, unless you're really looking, if you wanted to wear it as is. The skirt is the Lolita skirt from the Babbage set. Babbage is only available at the silentsparrow location in Babbage Canals in the steampunk haven of New Babbage, and features the New Babbage tartan, and now I feel like I've said Babbage way too much, THE WORD HAS LOST ALL MEANING. At my footy area, the socks from the Voltaire Suit, dressed up with my trusty Shiny Things Ballet Flats, a bargain at 100L a pair from the discount area there, and a beautiful classic. So yes. I look like a schoolgirl. But at least I go to a school with a supercool uniform!

Outfit Credits:

Skin: Curio - Cupid - Moonbeam Frex [Dark] - Pure 1
Hair: Deviant Kitties - Sammy - Blood Red
Sweater: silentsparrow - Voltaire Suit - Ash (alternate)
Shirt: silentsparrow - Chapiteau - Tiger
Cuffs: silentsparrow - Kurai Suit - BrassHeart
Skirt: silentsparrow - Babbage - Lolita Skirt
Socks: silentsparrow - Voltaire Suit
Shoes: Shiny Things - Ballet Flats - Cocoa
Ears: Schadenfreude - Fey Ears - Ankh and Plug

No comments:

Post a Comment